Our Work and Objectives
Our Work and Objectives:
Based in Bath in the South-West of England, Commit2Africa became a registered charity in 2010. Although a new and small charity, we have big plans for the future, and are expanding all the time thanks to volunteers and public donations. Commit2Africa is a charity built to last, with realistic aims and goals that will allow us to follow through on our convictions and see each project through from start to finish.
We are dedicated to reaching those living in poverty and promoting education as a vital step forwards. Our focus is currently on Cameroon, where we have built up strong links with the charity Goodness and Mercy Missions.
By teaming up with an already established trust, Commit2Africa can assure all patrons that their money is going directly to the people who need it most. Through this partnership, Commit2Africa knows that all donations and resources are going straight to the children, without any money getting eaten up in corruption.
From start to finish, Commit2Africa knows where every penny of your valuable donations are, and exactly what they are going towards. The work in Cameroon with our partners at Goodness and Mercy Missions is highly dependant on public donations, so here at Commit2Africa, we understand how important it is to convey that we are a company with its heart in the right place and wholly trustworthy.
Having contacts in Cameroon means that we maintain a frequent correspondence with our representatives out there, and we are always in the know of the day to day business. This is just the start; once we get the ball rolling in Cameroon, Commit2Africa will be looking to expand into Ghana and Ethiopia to further reach out to the African people.
Short Term Objectives of Commit2Africa
- Getting children sponsors so they can attend school is a good starting point for the prevention of poverty in Africa. Providing children with skills to get a job means they can support themselves and their families, and as such, lessening the burden of poverty. For a few pounds a month, a child’s life can be significantly altered.
- Through giving immediate donations of food and clothing, we are aiding the relief of poverty already present in Africa. There are people in Africa who are living in slums, with no jobs, poor health care and barely enough food to live on. Commit2Africa aims to help those most in need by providing grants, health services and items such as clothing to aid those in need.
Long Term Objectives of Commit2Africa
- Providing education for those under the age of twenty-five. Basic education on a wide variety of subjects, including social studies and physical health, enable young people to prepare for a brighter future.
These skills make them far more employable, thus enabling them to support their families and have lives free from poverty. As well as this education, Commit2Africa provides grants for scholarships, schooling equipment and books. This involves the charity from start to finish, and shows that we are interested in overseeing every aspect of the education system.
- Long term support in healthcare and the provision of the means to get food. By giving people the step up they need, they can begin to build lives for themselves filled with purpose and meaning, lives without illness or hunger.
Current Small Projects at Commit2Africa
- Finding sponsors for children in need.
- Providing healthcare to the sick.
- Feeding those who live in poverty, and providing them with clothes and shelter.
Current Large Projects at Commit2Africa
- We are looking to get a photocopier sent out to the school in Cameroon. Limited books and teaching equipment hinders the children’s learning, but a photocopies would enable materials to be used to their full. Photocopying work is cheap and efficient, and would vastly improve the teaching methods at the school in Cameroon.
- We are collecting old computers to send out to the school also. Old equipment which is useless in the UK can be put to great use in Africa. Computing skills grow more valuable all the time and educating students to use these systems makes them more desirable to employers.
- As demand grows on the school to accommodate more children, class rooms are filled to breaking point. One project at Commit2Africa is to build two new classrooms at the school so that more children can get the chance to start life right.
Philosophies of Commit2Africa
- At Commit2Africa, we offer donors that personal touch that makes the job all the more worth while. Those wishing to sponsor a child are encouraged to choose their child personally. As well as monthly reports as to how your child is getting on and exactly how your money is being spent, sponsors are able to write personal letters to their child and receive them back. This enables sponsors to really get to know their child and get involved in their lives on a personal level. Many of these children are orphans, and contact with someone who cares for them and is interested in their welfare is just as important as any financial aid could be.
- Commit2Africa is a new charity with a fresh approach. We want to get right to the roots of the problems that Africans face everyday and really get involved in changing their lives. Far from dealing with people on a cut and dry level, we are passionately involved with the lives of the children we care for. These are happy, positive young people who truly appreciate the chance they’ve been given. Making sure these children grow up into well rounded individuals is just as important to us as achieving good grades at school. Our friendly, positive ethos is echoed in all our activities, and we want these kids to grow up living diverse lives, expecting more than the generations before them.
If you want to get involved, either by making a one off or frequent donation, or by sponsoring a child, please read more in our How You Can Help section. Thank you for reading, and we look forward to your being a part of our amazing journey.